Monday, October 3, 2011

$7 roll of contact paper + acrylic paint = Instant, temporary, room makeover

The girls have been begging me to paint their rooms - bright pink is what they are asking for. Um....yeah. That will look awesome. So, to tide them over I thought I would decorate their walls. I didn't want to paint anything permanent on the walls though, because we really don't know what we are going to do with their rooms yet. And I wanted to do something myself, versus purchasing one of those pre-made sets.

So, I bought some contact paper, cut out a bunch of butterflies, painted them, and stuck them on the wall. Took me about 2 hours. And the girls are happy, which is the best part! I will probably add some more to the room with the green butterflies, but I ran out of paper.

Now my son wants a room full of footballs, lacrosse gear, and team logos. Butterflies are easier! We'll see what I figure out for him. Let me know if you have any ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment