Monday, October 24, 2011

Fall Cake

My mother-in-law is not a cake eater, but she loves seeing my cakes, so if course I wanted to make my her a pretty cake for her birthday. And the children are more than willing to eat the leftovers! Since her birthday is in October, I wanted a fall theme, but not Halloween.


I saw this cake on Pinterest, and thought it was so pretty. So it was my inspiration. I also saw these felt flowers and thought they might be interesting to try with fondant. I'm really happy with the look of the cake, though of course there are a couple things I would change (always). Perhaps the vines could be smaller (it just takes so long to make those ropes thinner!), and I would try making the flower with smaller petals and more of them. It was a fun cake to make, and wasn't terribly time-consuming. And my mother-in-law really liked it! That's all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment