Friday, October 7, 2011

Timmy Time!

So, I love to make cakes for my sister, Kim. She has to like what I make, right? She's my sister... It's in the family code.

All kidding aside, when I asked my sis what kind of cake she wanted for her son, I had never heard of Timmy Time. Needless to say, we were hooked. Such a cute show!

So, I made Timmy a few days ahead of time out of fondant so he could dry a bit. I think this was my first figure made out of fondant. His ears are held in with toothpicks so they could stick out. [Sidenote: even though I make my own fondant, I always purchase black. It's just too hard to get the coloring without the fondant crumbling. I like Duff's brand of black fondant.] I'm glad I added the teddy bear. And the green color turned out to be really pretty.  What a fun cake to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment