Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My First Logo


Going with the theme of my earlier work, here's a scan of my first logo design from college. Now this will date myself, but my logo was designed on PAPER - each element was cut out (and I hope you can appreciate my Exacto blade skills here) of colored paper and assembled. We had a computer lab at school, but we were required to do most of our designing by hand. And, since computers didn't have much power back then, any effect took forever (a blur in Photoshop could take over an hour - for real), so it was actually easier to design by hand.

Anyway, the logo was for an actual store, though it was done unofficially. Wild Pair was a shoe store I really liked, but I didn't like their logo. Some of you might remember it.

I definitely gained a lot of knowledge by doing everything by hand, and it helped me in my first job at a print shop when I had to do paste up (which no one even does anymore). However, I am so grateful for the computer, where I can create endless variations of a logo in a snap. For some of my more recent logos, you can look at my web site: http://www.tingible.com/branding.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment