Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Angry Birds Cake Pops

Our son originally wanted a Lego Ninjago cake for his birthday, but:
  1. He didn't like the cake pop Ninjago idea
  2. The Lego man cake mold is $40. I was not about to spend that much ;) I didn't think I could do the figure justice carving it out of cake (too many angles), so I scrapped that idea.
So, I asked if he might want Angry Birds cake pops. I had seen the idea on a couple of sites (like this one). He was very excited about that idea! I had no idea what I was getting myself into.

If you haven't figured it out already, I am detail-obsessed.

This was one of the most involved, but most fun, projects I have tackled. I was dipping licorice and candy corn into candy coating for the beaks and some of the feathers.  I made eyes out of fondant, and cut endless amounts of licorice and gummy candy for the eyebrows. After nearly an entire day, I had about 50 cake pops. They were so adorable - I could not wait to share them! They were a huge hit at school, or course.




Now I have been asked to make Angry Birds cake pops again... along with towers and slingshot so he and his friends can play with them. Not sure I'm ready to sign up for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment