Monday, September 19, 2011

Beginnings



I guess I have to start somewhere
... For my friends who are not on Facebook, this is for you!

I came across this photo of one of my older cakes (the train) - it was made for my daughter's second birthday (she's 8 now). I
thought it was so great at the time. Of course, this isn't really a cake - it's rice krispie treats, but you can see how not-great I am at buttercream.

The other photo is from a cake I made when I was a teen. I think I made this for my sister, who acted in a lot of plays in high school. If you count the candles, it looks like this was her 16th birthday, which would make me 19. Notice that I have the candles
in, but have left the toothpicks I put in the cake to keep the foil from sticking. Nice touch. Still, for being a teenager, not a bad cake really.

On another post, I will see if I can scrounge up some old art of mine. That will be fun.

Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

  1. These are photos from Caleb and Rebekah's 1st birthday party at your house - has some pictures of your little cake creations. https://picasaweb.google.com/110661003471844599603/CalebSFirstBirthdayParty

    ReplyDelete